The British Chamber of Commerce in Kenya offers trade services to UK businesses looking at investing into Kenya. Kenya has deep-rooted links with the United Kingdom, this comes from the shared long history and friendship and particular interest in the economy, trade & cultural. Many reasons make Kenya a lucrative market for UK businesses:
- 6th largest economy in Sub Saharan Africa
- Home to 46 million people, with 47 Counties
- Regional hub for trade and finance in Eastern Africa and the natural entry point to the region.
- Market-based economy with a liberalized foreign trade policy.
- Over 300 UK companies operating in Kenya, with bilateral trade between Kenya and UK exceeding KES.139 billion (£1 billion).
The Trade Services are designed to get a better understanding of the Kenyan markets for British businesses in different sectors such as Renewable Energy, Infrastructure, ICT, Telecommunication and Mobile money, Finance, Real Estate and Education among many others. The success of our services is achieved through the provision of tailored information, high quality business information, and Business to Business networking opportunities.
The British Chamber of Commerce Kenya was launched in 2014 as DIT’s OBNI partner to create an international UK business network offering more expert support to UK companies in high growth markets. A partner-based volume trade service optimised for the needs of UK-based companies, which is commercially successful and sustainable.
The Trade services include the following:
I) Market Entry Introductory Service (MEIS)
This is a chargeable service that gives you direct access to our trade team here in Kenya. We aim to ensure that British Business realise export wins by utilizing our local language skills, market knowledge and extensive political and commercial contacts.
This services can take the form of:-
- An extensive market research on a particular sector as advised by the needs of the client
- Market visit programme with introduction to relevant contacts
- Organizing trade missions
- Organizing an event for a client’s product launch.
II) Export Opportunities
Building export market awareness and getting exposure to export opportunities overseas through the export is Great platform, UK-based events, webinars, in-market briefings and seminars.
III) Significant Assistance
Support that will help you grow and maintain your market share: market penetration support, how to develop effective partnerships and associated products and services. This can be assistance with introduction to relevant business contacts for business partnership, advice on starting and setting up a company in Kenya and advice on sector analysis, taxation, tariffs and customs search.
IV) Regional Market Expansion
Support to help you develop a regional market presence, through access to regional DIT or OBNI contacts and access to business support in the wider East Africa markets.
The BCCK Team also offers assistance to the below customized services for UK companies, all designed to meet their needs and aspirations in the local market:
- Information on the Kenyan business environment
- Market overview, Quick facts about Kenya and Kenyan Economy
- Market Visit Logistic Support
- Government Relations
- Partner Search
- B2B Meeting Arrangement
- Brief Finance Reporting
- Business Centre
Contact our trade officer on email@example.com or our CEO at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to give you more information on these services.
Terms and Conditions apply