If you are a member or a representative of a member, and have provided your data to BCCK personnel, via the BCCK website or via BCCK delivery partners in the UK, Kenya, and other Countries in Africa, you are giving your approval for us to transmit correspondence from BCCK to you using the data you have provided through these means. Each electronic communication from us to you has an unsubscribe option which you are invited to use if you no longer wish to receive the content we distribute to you.
By providing us with your data you are also consentingto receive correspondence regarding events offered by our members, selected stakeholders and partners.
INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT ABOUT YOU
We may collect and process the following information about you:
- information that you provide during the registration process for BCCK and copies of any documents you provide to us;
- your BCCK membership details and related information, including your contact details, website login username and password;
- information that you post on our website or share with other users via our website;
- any feedback you provide through BCCK concerning BCCK events or services;
- if you are a speaker or an attendee at any of our events, we collect information about your participation at our events (e.g. number of events spoken at/attended, type or events you speak at/attend);
- any correspondence between you and us;
- details of your visits to our website (including traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data and the resources that you access); and
- any other information you provide to us from time to time.
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
We may use your information in the following ways:
- to facilitate communication, networking and business opportunities for and between you and other members, participants or users of BCCK services;
- to personalise the way in which our website and services are presented to you;
- to provide various services, including organising events, providing news and updates and reports about events, sending you any printed publications and inviting you to attend events organized by BCCK or its partners;
- to provide you with information about business opportunities that may be of interest to you and to introduce you to other organisation;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our website;
- to notify you about the changes at BCCK.
- to deal with your requests and enquiries, and to provide you with information about our services, activities or content;
- to process the registration and maintenance of your membership;
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered between you and us;
- to investigate any breach of the terms and conditions by or relating to you;
- to analyse your use of our services;
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We share your information with other users, members, participants and selected third parties of BCCK to facilitate communication, networking and business opportunities (for example, if you have expressed an interest in business opportunities, we may share your details with a connected organisation). Any information you send us to include in your profile and/or post on our website may be visible to our personnel and other users of our website. We may disclose your information to third parties:
Where such third parties help us in the administration or operation of our organisation;
if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal information in order to comply with any applicable legal or regulatory obligation, or in order to enforce or in complying with our obligations under our terms and conditions or other agreements; or to protect our rights, property, or safety or that of other users or third parties; or
in connection with the events we organise, we may also share your information with event venues, including your identity details (e.g. passport details) for security requirements. Where our partners who help us in the administration or operation of our organisation are based in other locations, your information may be transferred outside of Kenya. We may also transfer your information outside of Kenya in relation to business opportunities in which you have expressed an interest.
THIRD PARTY SERVICES
HOW WE PROTECT YOUR INFORMATION
ENSURING YOUR INFORMATION IS UP-TO-DATE
You can update your membership details and related information, and may ask us to correct or remove information you think is inaccurate, at any time by emailing to email@example.com.